Follow Me on Pinterest!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Summer Project-Lego Table

I took on soooooooooo many different projects this summer.  Seriously, I have no idea what I was thinking.  However, they are all finally coming to completion.  I had the idea of making a LEGO table for my classroom last year after my mom gave me my old LEGO table for my children at home.  It wasn't hard, and didn't take that long.

STEP 1:So this is what I started with.  The first step of this project, like many projects, it to pick out a piece.  Then destroy it beyond repair and pick a different piece.

STEP 2: Have some wine and contemplate your project handiness.  

STEP 3: Pick another end table that you won't miss.  Extra points for 80's retro gold.



STEP 4: Pick a paint color.  I wanted to do something that was LEGO blue.  I did one coat of white chalk paint to help cover up the black.

STEP 5:  Forget to take picture of chalk paint foundation.

STEP 6: Paint it your chosen paint color.  I had to do 2 coats of the blue, and did 3 in some spots.  Here is what it looked like then.  


STEP 7:  Drink some more wine and/or iced coffee.  Seal the paint with your choice of paint sealer.

STEP 8:  Add LEGO slats.  Here is the link that I used to buy the LEGO slats.  I cut them to size with some regular scissors.  

STEP 9: Gorilla Glue it on.

STEP 10:  Play with Legos on table to make sure it works.  Kids are experts at this!


STEP 11:  ENJOY YOUR NEW LEGO TABLE!!!








Overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out.  I'm excited to see how my Kinders use it this year.  

Happy August 1! Have a great school year!




No comments:

Post a Comment