Follow Me on Pinterest!

Friday, August 2, 2019

Rocking Chair Makeover

As I said before, and I'm sure I'll do again, I had a LOOONG list of projects that I wanted to complete this school year.  One of the many things I wanted to do ( and have wanted to do for a while) is makeover a rocking chair for  my classroom.

All my babies are big enough to not need rocked at night (insert simultaneous happiness and sadness) so I decided to make over a rocking chair we had at home.

This rocking chair had a matching cover to the seat that went up the back.  I just removed the cover and cleaned it really well.


Then I covered with 2 coats of white chalk paint.  Seriously, that stuff is AMAZING!  I bought some at my local hardware store and sealed it with the spray chalk paint sealant.  I used an outdoor patio chair cover for this.  I purchased it thru Amazon.  I bought it on Prime Day, so it was around $40.  


I'm so pleased with how it turned out.  Do you have a rocking chair in your classroom?




No comments:

Post a Comment